1. I believe children’s ministry is more than free childcare for parents who want to “attend church.” We are fulfilling Psalm 78:1-8 so that the next generation will know the truth and put their trust in God.
2. I believe some of the best leaders the church may ever know are kids in our ministries right now. We have a huge responsibility to prepare them to change their world. And because of that…
3. …I believe children’s ministry is one of the greatest ministry AND missions opportunities that ANY church will EVER invest in.
4. I believe you don’t need a lot of “stuff” to make children’s ministry great. The formula for an unbelievable ministry to kids is pretty simple: Children + Caring Adults + Christ = World Change. If you are a children’s ministry worker, thank you for being a crucial part of the formula.
5. I believe Isaiah 55:11 means God shows up every single weekend in children’s ministry when His Word goes out.
6. I believe children’s ministry works best when the church helps parents teach their kids about God like He said in Deuteronomy 6:4-9.
7. I believe our biggest problem in children’s ministry has nothing to do with our lack of volunteers, budget, or parental involvement. I think our biggest problem, sometimes, is us. I think we don’t dream big enough dreams. I think we are too content with little things. I think we settle for Hershey’s Kisses when God has a giant, HUMONGOUS, Chocolate Motherload Cake waiting for us. I think children’s ministry could be a zillion times better if we took Hebrews 11:6 a little more seriously.
8. I believe God doesn’t just want full control of your children’s ministry. He wants full control of your whole life.
9. I believe volunteers are the backbone of every single children’s ministry on the planet.
10. I believe you are the right person for the job. Thank you for loving kids and taking God’s call to children’s ministry. You are a world-changer.
* * *
What would you add to this list?