I love this visual from Matt Mc Gill’s blog a couple of weeks ago: “Love the roster a mom put together… It says, one team, one fight. Perfect.” When I saw this it made me think of you.
Well, not you specifically because we’ve probably never met before. It made me think of US: people who are Christ-followers, working to serve God’s purposes in our lifetime.
Sometimes we let our own insecurities overwhelm and paralyze us from doing anything. Other times we let our own agenda and sense of entitlement take over and it causes us to do too much, which just railroads the relationships we are entrenched in. And because of all of this we get caught up in the wrong struggle, in the wrong fight.
Be prepared. You’re up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it’s all over but the shouting you’ll still be on your feet. Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation are more than words. Learn how to apply them. You’ll need them throughout your life. God’s Word is an indispensable weapon. In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other’s spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out. – Ephesians 6:13-18 (The Message)
So today, if you are feeling along, if you are feeling like your team is falling apart, and if you are feeling like everyone is fighting against you, I just wanted to let you know that I’ve got your back:
- If you are a children’s ministry leader, we have one team and one fight because I want to partner with parents in preparing their kids change their worlds for Christ too.
- If you are a youth ministry leader, we have one team and one fight because I want to get our kids ready for the awesome things that you have planned for them.
- If you are a college ministry leader, we have one team and one fight because ever kid is going to grow up and I want to help you help them stand rock solid in their faith as it gets tested on a daily basis.
- If you are a paid employee at your church, we have one team and one fight because you help to make sure all of the church’s ministries can do what they do and I want to support you like you support me.
- If you are a volunteer, we have one team and one fight because you are the backbone of ever church in the world. Without you, we would fall apart.
- If you are a missionary in some country I’ve never heard of, we have one team and one fight because you are reaching people who I can’t and I want to do everything I can to help you bring God’s hope to a broken world.
Put aside your insecurities and preferences today because we are all one team and we have one fight.